By Ezra Ekman
Illustration by Madison Otten
Being a student can be expensive. Fortunately, it comes with many benefits, but these benefits aren’t limited to on-campus services. Your FRCC Wolf Card provides access to hundreds of student discounts, both in-person and online. Below are just a few examples of the discounts available to you as a student at FRCC.
Tutoring and the ASC
The Academic Success Center here on campus offers free math and writing help, and also offers free tutoring and tutor-led study groups. There is no cost, and there are no prerequisites. Don’t wait. It’s much easier to stay ahead of the game than it is to play catch-up.
Free Student Planners
Student Life offers free planners to all FRCC students. Stop by the Student Life office and get yours today.
FRCC Pantry and Kitchen Table
Is food insecurity causing you stress? Student Life offers a free pantry to any students who want food assistance and you can register here. The Kitchen Table also offers free food to FRCC students outside the SOC on Tuesday mornings from 8:30 am – 1:00 pm.
The Veteran Services office exists to help veterans in many different ways, including but not limited to educational benefits, timely award of benefits, veteran student scholarships, and even has a room dedicated just to student veterans.
MS Office 365
All current FRCC students have free access to Microsoft Office 365. To access it, just log into eWolf and click the Office 365 icon.
Not all locations offer student discounts, so check your local restaurant to confirm they are offered. Also, many restaurants offer birthday specials, such as a free entrée or dessert, during the month of your birthday.
- Burger King: 10% off.
- Chipotle: Free drink with meal.
- Dairy Queen: 10% off.
- Denny’s: 15% off.
- Dunkin Donuts: 10% off.
- Qdoba: Free drink with meal.
- Subway: 10% off.
- Taco Bell: 10% off.
- TCBY: 15% off.
- Waffle House: 10% off.
Live Theatre and Performance:
- Colorado Shakespeare Festival: Get $5 off single tickets or $15 Web student tickets.
- Colorado Symphony Orchestra: $10 tickets for students.
- AMC Theatres: Show your Wolf card to get discounts on some tickets at participating AMC Theatres.
- Regal Theaters provide specific movies/dates with your Wolf card.
Clothing and Shoes
- Adidas: 15% off plus free shipping.
- Alternative Apparel: 20% off.
- Banana Republic: 15% off full-priced purchases.
- Bebe: 20% off.
- Dr. Martens: 15% off.
- eBags: 25% off.
- Forever 21: 15% off.
- H&M: 15% off.
- Hot Topic: 40% off backpacks, denim, paper goods, dorm, and tees.
- J.Crew: 15% off J.Crew, J.Crew Factory and J.Crew Mercantile stores.
- Kate Spade: 15% off.
- Levi’s: 15% off.
- Nike: 10% off.
- Reebok : 30% off.
Computers and Electronics
- Apple: Up to $200 off a Mac purchase or $50 off an iPad plus free Beats Studio3 Wireless headphones with either, plus 20 percent off on AppleCare+.
- Dell: Discounts on Dell computers and up to 6% back in rewards through the Dell Advantage Loyalty Program.
- GoPro: 20% off GoPro products.
- HP: Special pricing through the HP Student Store.
- Lenovo: 25% off Lenovo ThinkPads and 20% off Lenovo IdeaPads, plus free shipping.
- Logitech: 25% off.
- Steelseries: 15% off all products.
- Autodesk: Almost every piece of professional software Autodesk makes, free for 3 years. Includes titles such as 3DS Max, Autocad, Maya, Solidworks, and many more.
- Ableton: 40% off Ableton Live 10 Standard or Suite.
- Adobe Creative Suite: Get all software Adobe offers for over 60% off, including Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator, Premiere, After Effects, and more.
- Corel: Up to 96% off titles like CorelDRAW, Painter, CorelCAD, etc.
Online Services and Subscriptions
- Audible: $9.95/month and get a $10 Amazon gift card.
- Amazon Prime: Get Prime shipping free for 6 months, plus get 3 free months of Kindle Unlimited.
- Apple Music: 50% off.
- Amazon Music: 80% off.
- Sirius XM: $5/month for 6 months.
- Spotify: Free for 3 months, then for $4.99 per month. Includes Spotify Premium, Hulu, and Showtime.
- The New York Times: 80% off a monthly subscription.
- The Wall Street Journal: 90% off a monthly subscription.
- The Washington Post: 50% off a monthly subscription.
Health and Fitness
- 1-800-Contacts: 10% off.
- Clinique: 15% off.
- GlassesUSA: 55% off non-premium and non-clearance frames.
- Sally Beauty Supply: $5 discount on in-store purchases of $25 or more.
This list of discounts is far from complete. What are your favorite discounts? Chime in by commenting below.